Budget and Revenue Fairness
- We have a revenue crisis. I believe the federal government should address its revenue problem by ending the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans and seriously cutting military spending.
- I have spoken out against the 2011 debt deal legislation that inflicts spending cuts disproportionately on the most vulnerable Americans.
- I will fight hard to eliminate tax loopholes that encourage companies to move jobs overseas and escape paying their fair share.
- I support ending unnecessary and costly tax breaks for oil companies and corporate agribusiness.
- The budget debate in this country is just the latest example of corporate dominance. Mega-corporations and their ultra-rich CEOs have bankrolled their own politicians, think tanks and media outlets to promote the false message that the rich need government support to rescue our economy while middle class programs are unaffordable. Wall Street gets bailed out, while Main Street gets shafted. It’s one more reason why I have refused to take any corporate PAC money – not one dime. I will fight for fairness for the middle class and Main Street, and I will stand up to Wall Street.