“The power of Wall Street is undermining life for the rest of us on Main Street. This is totally unacceptable. I will fight for a truly democratic and sustainable future every day, on the campaign trail and in Congress.”
“We need to create millions of green jobs, end the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy, close corporate tax loopholes, implement a transaction tax on Wall Street and cut the overblown military budget that fuels endless wars.”
– Norman Solomon, 2011
Norman Solomon stands on principle – he is a leader who focuses on what’s really at stake for Americans every day. Norman believes we must restore America’s commitment to its people – creating good green jobs, revitalizing public education, restoring our environment for future generations, and ensuring health care for all Americans.
As he told the Santa Rosa Press Democrat in September 2010, “Job one is to create jobs.” Unemployment won’t come down to earth until the federal government stops coddling Wall Street – and commits to creating real jobs programs that get our country back to work.
Young people deserve full access to quality education. Working people deserve well-paying jobs that are sustainable. Seniors deserve secure retirement. And we all deserve full access to quality health care.
Meanwhile, our fragile environment needs protection: we must leave the next generations with a legacy of economic strength and ecological health.
By upholding the best of our traditions and values, we can overcome today’s crises with bold policies.
Click the links below to see where Norman stands on the issues:
- Create New Green Jobs
- Invest in Our Workers and Communities
- Stand Up for Workers — Not Wall Street
- Protect Social Security and Medicare
- Quality Health Care for All
- Removing Big Money Power From Our Politics
- Getting Tough on Climate Change
- Alternatives to Nuclear Power
- Resisting GMOs and Pesticides
- Sustainable Food, Agriculture and Fisheries
- Protecting Our Water
- Justice for Veterans
- Fairness for Immigrants
- Pro-Choice – for Women and Families
- Equality for Gays and Lesbians
- Protecting Civil Liberties
- Legalizing and Regulating Marijuana